Tel: 01895 258507 Change Text Size: A A

Student Placement Case Studies

Georgia –  2nd year student at Uxbridge College, studying BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care.This course is aimed at students who have shown an interest in further training in the health and care sectors.

Georgia started a one day a week placement at Pield Heath House in SepteGeorgiamber 2013 and attended every Monday throughout the school year until May 2014. During this time she supported a wide range of students aged 7 – 19 working under the direction of the Tutor and SSAs in the class. Georgia also helped with lunchtime clubs, attended whole school assemblies, offered to help at Parents Evening and has fully taken part in all school events.

Reflecting on her time at Pield Heath she said, ‘I have enjoyed every minute and it has exceeded all my expectations.’ She added that it was an invaluable experience which really gave her an insight into the world of children with SEN and their own very unique personalities.

She remarked ‘ As I walk away I will always remember my time at Pield Heath with a smile – I am very grateful to everyone for their support which I really appreciate’.

Georgia finishes her course at Uxbridge College in June 2014 and starts an Adult Nursing 3 Year Course at Brighton University in September 2014.

It has been a pleasure to have Georgia for her work experience, she became very much part of our school community. We thank her for her contribution and wish her well for the future.

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinFacebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedin